Division: Planning and Infrastructure
Department: Public Works Section: Roads
Hourly rate: Probationary $31.31 - Qualified $33.88
Please Note: Shift work (days, evening and night rotation) will be required during snow and ice control operations.
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Shared Principles, innovation is encouraged; communication and learning are continuous in this team environment while maintaining a positive work and family life balance.
Depending on the season, this position duties and responsibilities will vary. You will be responsible to operate all vehicles and equipment in accomplishing all operations and maintenance tasks assigned in delivering the prescribed programs and services in the Roads section of the City.
Road Maintenance and Operations
- Operate diverse vehicles and equipment in a safe and skillful manner to complete assigned tasks.
- Perform all assigned tasks in roadway snow and ice control operations.
- Repair and replacement of city sidewalks.
- Maintenance of traffic control devices including traffic signs and traffic lights.
- Perform asphalt repair and maintenance.
Drainage Maintenance and Operations
- Perform trenching/excavation.
- Perform maintenance of pipes, culverts, outfall and manholes.
- Ensure operations are carried out in accordance with all regulatory and guidance documents.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in the operation of various equipment,
- Certifications and training in equipment operations is an asset,
- Valid Alberta Class 3Q Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is mandatory.
- Must possess the physical strength and dexterity to perform manual labour for extended periods of time under various weather conditions.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for a full job description and more information about the City of Spruce Grove.