The City of Camrose is seeking an energetic and reliable individual to fill the permanent position of Operator 3 in the Utilities – Water Treatment Plant section of the Public Works department. This is a unionized position under CUPE Local 1425 and is inclusive of a trial period as per the Article 11.05 of the Collective Agreement.
- Work in all related areas of Utilities – Water Treatment Plant operations, which includes but is not limited to operations and maintenance work such as lab testing, performance monitoring, chemical handling, and repairs at the Water Treatment facilities within the City including the Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) facility.
- Assist in submission of online reporting data to Alberta Environment & Parks.
- Operations and maintenance of the Wastewater Collection System, Water Distribution System, and the Wastewater Treatment Facility as occasionally required.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent. A Water or Wastewater Technician program would be considered an asset.
- Alberta Environment & Parks Certificates of the following are required: Water Treatment – Level 3 or higher, Water Distribution and Waste Water Collection – Level 1 or higher. The following are considered an asset: Wastewater Treatment – Level 1 or higher.
- The successful candidate must be qualified to perform the duties of an Operator 2 – Utilities and meet the applicable requirements of an Operator 3 – Utilities as per the Collective Agreement.
- Proven mechanical and instrumentation aptitude with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications and SCADA software. Familiarity with CLAROS and WIMS software is an asset.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic, with sound decision-making and communication skills.
- Must be able to meet the City’s on-call protocols and participate in the on-call rotation detailed in the Collective Agreement and as assigned for the Utilities team.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Shift work, on-call and overtime will also be necessary to address operational requirements.
HOURLY WAGE: $29.46 per hour in accordance with the CUPE 1425 Collective Agreement, plus any additional premium pay as outlined in the collective agreement.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an application to the email address below by July 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. ONLY EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.