Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community! We are a forward thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. We are Alberta’s newest City and we are aspiring to redefine what a City can be. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Water & Wastewater an Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining the municipal water facilities, wastewater collection system, and drainage facilities. The person we’re looking for is service focused, has excellent communication skills, and always has safety top-of-mind.
- Maintain Alberta Environment certification, keeping accurate and detailed records
- Maintain and operate water distribution systems, including pump houses
- Inspect residential and commercial water and sewer systems, addressing any water concerns and complaints
- Assist in subdivision and infrastructure inspections
- Sanitary sewer and storm water sampling and testing
- Maintain and monitor outflows and the operation of storm water lift stations
- Deliver exceptional customer service to residents
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- Support and assist other service areas when needed
- Others duties as assigned
- Certified Water and Wastewater Technician (NAIT graduate or equivalent)
- Minimum Level II Wastewater Collection Certificate & Level II Water Distribution Certificate (Level III considered an asset)
- 3 years’ experience in a municipal background pertaining to infrastructure including water and sewer
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable safety related legislation, regulations, guidelines, standards and best practices
- Other applicable training: Confined Space Certificate, H2S Alive Certificate, Standard Level C First Aid and CPR, and WHMIS
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Experience with Cityworks or other service request tracking software is considered an asset
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, technical abilities, and problem solving skills
As the successful candidate you will have the ability to:
- Meet the shift requirements; shifts rotate seven days a week and may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. This position also requires participation in an on-call list and on-call rotation
- Meet the physical requirements, including lifting heavy equipment and materials up to 23 kilograms (50 lbs.), adhering to long periods of standing and sitting, working in all weather conditions, etc.
- Provide a clean criminal record check
- Provide a driver’s abstract that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour
- Adhere to all safety standards and promote the organization’s health and safety program
- Keep detailed, accurate records in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Work and communicate effectively with the Operations team, management, other city departments, and residents
This full-time, permanent position offers a salary range of $59,259 – $77,320 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a 40-hour work week, enrollment in LAPP, and a competitive benefits package. If you think you are the one we are searching for please email your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 20-46 in the subject line, to email@example.com by September 18, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.