An excellent opportunity exists for a highly motivated Parks Director to join our dynamic and committed team. The Parks Director will be responsible for all management, planning, development and operations of the Parks Section of our Community Services Department. This position reports to the General Manager of Community Services and has 9 direct reports and approximately 40 temporary summer seasonal positions.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Planning, developing and administering both Operational and Capital budgets for the Parks Section.
- Ordering, purchasing and managing of all equipment required for Parks Operations.
- Provide strong leadership within the Parks work unit.
- Responsible for the recruitment, scheduling, supervising, managing and performance management of Parks employees.
- Coordination of Cemetery Operations.
- Coordination of pest control, herbicide and pesticide applications.
- Coordination of the Swan program.
- Coordination of tree, grass and natural spaces care.
- A post-secondary degree in Recreation Administration or a combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Certification in Turf Management and Arbor Care.
- Memberships in ISA Prairie Chapter, ARPA and RFP considered an asset.
- Strong background in Health and Safety. Program certification considered an asset.
- Experience with collective agreements considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer service approach.
- Demonstrated professionalism and well developed leadership skills.
- The successful applicant will be required to produce a current and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and Police Information Check.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
ANNUAL SALARY: The City of Camrose has a progressive salary and benefit package. The starting salary for this position will be established based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below by January 19, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose
Attention: Human Resources
Mailing Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8