The Town of Redcliff, “The Greenhouse Capital of the Prairies”, is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Payroll – Landfill Clerk
Permanent, Full-Time (37.5 hours per week), In-Scope (Union)
Redcliff is a fast-growing community of 5,600 friendly residents, which offers excellent education facilities, an abundance of community activities, a beautiful trail system and well-maintained recreation facilities. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, positive individual to serve the community as our Payroll – Landfill Clerk. This is a permanent, full-time position within the CUPE Local 46 Collective Agreement. This position will appeal to the energetic professional who is seeking exciting challenges and a friendly, team-oriented work environment.
This position will be responsible for:
- The completion of bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly payrolls.
- Ensuring that all payroll-related payments are processed within legislated requirements.
- Managing all functions related to the Town’s pension plan.
- Compiling and submitting any payroll-related reports and applications.
- Directly involved with the preparation of the budget and provides the Corporate Services Director with payroll-related information.
- Conducting payroll reconciliations and audits.
- Responsible for all payroll year-end functions.
- Processing Landfill Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Assisting the Receptionist with reconciling Landfill daily cash and online payments.
- Providing break coverage for the front counter.
- Performing other assigned duties as required.
The successful candidate will be motived, honest, reliable, organized, and dependable, have the ability to multi-task, be able to work independently, and maintain confidentiality.
Education, Training, and Skills:
- Business Administration program, Accounting diploma, or similar designation is mandatory.
- Certified as a payroll practitioner, with designation from the Canadian Payroll Associated preferred.
- Must have a proven work record and experience in an intermediate position with computerized accounting.
If you are interested in this challenging, rewarding position, please mail an application in the form of a cover letter and resume, in confidence, marked “Payroll – Landfill Clerk” to:
Town of Redcliff
Attn: Human Resources
Redcliff, AB T0J 2P0
Applications will also be accepted via email to email@example.com.
Applications can also be delivered in person to Redcliff Town Hall, located at #1 – 3rd Street NE, Redcliff, AB.
The deadline for receiving applications is 4:30 p.m. on November 30th, 2020.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.