Westlock County is seeking a dynamic and experienced Payroll & HR Coordinator that will be responsible for processing payroll, required reporting, management of benefits accurately and on a timely basis. This position will also provide HR assistance to the Director of Corporate Services.
- Effectively and accurately process bi-weekly payroll in a timely manner. Confirming the completeness and accuracy of timesheets and working with supervisors to make changes.
- Maintaining employee and HR files including up to date records of leaves, benefits, wage / salary rates, training certificates and all appropriate information required.
- Completing new hire orientation and paperwork, leaves of absences and terminated employees.
- Management Westlock County’s benefit program ensuring timely and accurate information.
- Ensure policies, Employment Standards Code and CUPE Collective Agreement are followed.
- Providing support to management for recruitment and retention of new employees.
- Researching, drafting and reviewing of job descriptions.
- Identifying training and development opportunities and organizing orientations, training sessions and workshops.
- Management of Summer Jobs and STEP grants.
- Providing reports to government agencies, departments, and other organizations as required.
- Assist with the management of WCB claims and reporting requirements.
- Support the Director of Corporate Services on various payroll and HR issues.
To be successful the Payroll & HR Coordinator will possess:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a payroll position.
- Completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certificate from Canadian Payroll Association. Equivalent experience and education may be considered.
- Experience in HR will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in payroll and HR legislation;
The full job description is available on our website www.westlockcounty.com
Email resumes are preferred and can be sent to HR@westlockcounty.com referencing PAYROLL & HR COORDINATOR in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the requirements. The full job description is available on our website www.westlockcounty.com.
The County thanks all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interview will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.