This position is primarily responsible for the payroll function for all Saddle Hills County employees, Councilors, members-at-large and volunteers; as well as other payroll functions included but not limited to the following: Childcare payments, Self-Directed Home Support payments, and Bursary payments. The successful applicant will work closely with the Director of Corporate Services and Finance Coordinator to provide accurate calculations for the development of annual and long-term payroll and benefit budgets. The position is responsible for the preparation of Council submissions and reports relative to payroll and/or human resource topics, as directed by the Director of Corporate Services. This position shall assist supervisor-level staff in the hiring of new staff members; includes advertising job postings as per AUPE agreements and organizing resumes for supervisor-level staff to review.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and are not a complete description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position.
- High school diploma required.
- Formal education in payroll and/or human resources is an asset
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in municipal, payroll and/or human resource management is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains/Diamond is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interpersonal relationship building.
- A high degree of accuracy in all areas of work including attention to detail and data entry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of local government administrative and legislative systems.
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license and ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Ability to provide a clean Criminal Records check.
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Services and works closely with all County Departments. Saddle Hills County is a progressive municipality located in the scenic Central Peace Region of Northern Alberta which offers a rural lifestyle with urban convenience. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $93,146 - $116,432
Local Authorities Pension Plan, Group Benefits Package
Please send resumes clearly marked “21-JP-03 - Private and Confidential” to:
Saddle Hills County
Attention: Human Resources
RR 1 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
Fax: (780) 864-3904
Ph: (780) 864-3760