Palliser Regional Municipal Services is an inter-municipal service agency, centrally located in Hanna Alberta, providing professional planning, GIS, Safety Code and other services to 27 member municipalities in East-Central Alberta. The Town of Hanna is centrally located in the region and has a full range of community and recreational facilities. Hanna is approximately a 2 hour drive from the Cities of Calgary and Red Deer and a 45 minute drive from the Town of Drumheller.
Palliser Regional Municipal Services is seeking a motivated, self-starter to fill the role of Planner within our organization. We are seeking an individual with experience in both current planning application reviews, i.e. zoning and subdivisions; as well as long range planning, such as the preparation of Municipal Development Plans.
Your primary role, under the guidance of the CEO will be to:
- Use your experience and working knowledge of legislation and planning processes to help municipalities prepare statutory planning documents including Intermunicipal and Municipal Development Plans, Area Structure Plans and Area Redevelopment Plans
- Preparation and review of land use bylaws
- Administer community consultation programs relative to the preparation of statutory documents and land use bylaws
- Process land use bylaw amendment and subdivision applications as required
- Conduct research on a variety of planning related issues; and
- Provide planning and development advice to member municipalities and the general public.
The successful candidate should have a degree in Urban and Regional Planning combined with at least three years of responsible planning experience. APPI/CIP regulated members required. Regulated members include those who are Candidate or RPP members of the Institute.
The individual should be a motivated individual who is able to work independently. Substantial inter-personal, written and presentation skills are required. A strong working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act. Experience working with the Subdivision and Development Regulation would be an asset.
The position requires a valid driver’s license to enable travel throughout the region.
This position is offered as a full-time, permanent position, with a comprehensive benefits package, with mandatory participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume outlining their experience and qualifications to:
Ryan Carriere, CEO
Palliser Regional Municipal Services
P.O. Drawer 1900
Hanna, Alberta. T0J 1P0
Phone: (403) 854-3371
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.