The Battle River Economic Opportunities Committee (BREOC) is a collaborative partnership representing the County of Paintearth No. 18, Flagstaff County, The Towns of Castor and Coronation, the Villages of Forestburg, Halkirk and Heisler, and the greater region that surrounds them.
The region is undergoing a comprehensive socio-economic transition process as the Westmoreland Mine and Battle River Generating Station within the Region face restructuring, which may result in substantial economic and social impacts. This Transition requires a multidisciplinary, broadly inclusive, and collaborative effort.
We are seeking a Project Manager to assist in the implementation and coordination of the transition initiatives. Working under the guidance of Lochaven Management Consulting Ltd. and reporting to BREOC, the Project Manager is responsible for the following:
Primary Areas of Responsibility (Include)
- Board relations
- Project Management
- Staff Planning/Human Resources
- Public Relations/Communications
- Fiscal Management
- Programs and Operations
Abilities – (Preferred)
- A self-starter, with knowledge of economic development and the challenges inherent with transition within single industry communities;
- Ability to function independently and under pressure while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines:
- Ability to provide creative leadership and innovative approaches to the implementation of BREOC initiatives and other funded transition efforts;
- Willing to attend meetings outside of regular business hours.
Education and Qualifications – (Preferred)
- A degree or certification in disciplines related to the needs of the organization (Masters preferred);
- A recognized leader in the field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience and a proven track record in senior or executive management positions;
- Working experience in the multiple aspects of Economic Development, including but not limited to business retention and expansion, workforce development, entrepreneurial development, and investment attraction;
- Effective presentation, public relations, oral, written and interpersonal communication
36-month full-time contract with possible extension. Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience. Please submit your salary expectations with your application.
Location of Work
While some travel will be required within the BREOC region, the Project Manager will be based out of the Battle River Innovation Centres (BRIC) located in both Castor and Forestburg, Alberta.
Interested candidates, please send information to email@example.com.