The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for a Transportation and Utilities Project Officer. This position is responsible to plan, coordinate, and supervise assigned capital and maintenance projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and supervise assigned staff for maintenance projects.
- Discuss priorities with the Manager of Transportation and/or the General Manager of Infrastructure Services.
- Assist in development of the department’s Capital Plan.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control projects to completion.
- Develop Terms of Reference and Request for Proposal documentation for assigned projects.
- Evaluate proposals and oversee consultants and contractors that are responsible to execute the project.
- Assist the Manager of Transportation with assigned programs and projects.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Transportation & Utilities staff.
- Practice contemporary management and supervision techniques while maintaining accessibility to staff for discussion.
- Perform routine safety inspections.
- Modify work schedules due to emergency/inclement weather situations.
- Inspect and repair installed advisory and regulatory signs.
- Advise the Manager of Transportation of any potential repairs to eliminate safety hazards or an inconvenience to the public.
- Ensure all workers are competent and aware of their responsibilities under the OH & S Act.
- University or Technical/Community College graduate or equivalent in business administration, commerce, engineering, planning and development or another related field.
- Post-Secondary education in civil engineering, transportation and utilities management and human resource management and leadership is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a municipal environment.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010 Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Fax: (780) 826-4524