Parkland County has a permanent, full-time position available in the Engineering Services Department for a Project Officer. Reporting to the Manager, Capital Construction, you are responsible for designing and administrating capital construction (primarily roadway) projects by using County or outside forces through to completion. Duties also include coordinating needs with survey and land acquisition teams, designing projects, writing specifications, preparing tender documents for advertising and supervising construction and post-construction activities. You will have a diverse knowledge of construction and engineering practices as well as the ability to deal with a wide range of personalities.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related post-secondary education program is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in road construction and drainage with the ability and skills to administer projects that are part of our capital program and other related infrastructure projects.
- Supervisory experience and/or project management experience is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is required and proficiency in AutoCAD is preferred
- Operating knowledge of survey technology including total stations, GPS and GIS equipment is required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License. Upon hire, a current Driver’s Abstract must be provided.
Interested applicants can apply on our website: