The Town of Spirit River is currently seeking a permanent full-time public workers operator. As a public works operator you will be responsible for, but not limited to, general physical labour, daily operation of the water treatment plant and sewer lagoons, maintaining parks & recreation, maintaining and operating equipment and vehicles, and repairing water and sewer lines. This position includes occasional overtime, evening & weekend work, and on-call rotation. Willing to train the right individual.
- Experience with municipal infrastructure, such as the construction and repair of roads & sidewalks and water & sewer lines.
- Experience maintaining and repairing vehicles and equipment
- Experience operating machinery and equipment
- Valid Class 5 driver's license and clean drivers abstract
- Experience or certification in water and wastewater operations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Operate equipment and machinery
- Basic administrative duties
- Work in various weather conditions
- Physical duties (such as, being on feet for long hours & lifting heavy objects)
- Work with minimal supervision
- Communicate efficiently with coworkers and members of the public.
- Operating the Water Treatment Plant and handling chemical
- Landscaping and snow removal
- Assist with Town owned and operated facilities and events (ie. Centennial Hall, RPCPAC)
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive wage depending on experience with full benefits and RRSP contribution.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please drop off, email, or mail resume to:
Mail: Box 130 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
Drop off: Town Office at 4502 50th St.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered will be contacted.