The Town of Spirit River is currently seeking a public workers operator. This is a full time position based on a forty hour work week with occasional overtime. There will be some circumstances in which the candidate would be required to work evenings and weekends and participate in on-call rotations. Candidates must be bondable. Work place is a smoke free environment. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Construction and maintenance knowledge of roads, sidewalks, and other related municipal infrastructure.
- Experience operating machinery and equipment normally associated with municipal operations (ie. street sweeper, grader, lawn care equipment, front end loaders, single axle gravel trucks, & heavy equipment experience would be an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Experience or certification in water operations would be beneficial.
- Must possess a minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Operate equipment and machinery
- Basic administrative duties
- Work in various weather conditions
- Physical duties (such as, being on feet for long hours & lifting heavy objects)
- Work with minimal supervision and communicate efficiently with coworkers and members of the public.
- Assist in operating the Water Treatment Plant and handling chemical
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation will be discussed during interview; full benefits and RRSP contribution offered.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please drop off, email, or mail resume to:
Mail: Box 130 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
Drop off: Town Office at 4502 50th St.
Thank you to all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those being considered will be contacted.