The Town of Innisfail is accepting applications for a full time RCMP Clerk for the Innisfail Detachment.
This is a municipal position under the general supervision of the Detachment Services Supervisor and working closely with operational members and fellow support staff, the successful applicant will have an ability to deal courteously in meeting the public needs regarding information and complaints and provide efficient administrative and operational support services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- PROS computer system - creates files, enters & retrieves occurrence information.
- CPIC computer system - enters, modify, and retrieve information. Enter data contained in operational files in accordance with CPIC policy.
- Responds to general inquiries from the public by taking complaints, motor vehicle collision reports, criminal record checks and general assistance to the public over the phone and at the front counter.
- Responds to inquiries pertaining to files from government agencies, police departments, insurance companies and professional agencies.
- Provides administrative and operational support services.
- Prepare required reports, memos, letter and other documents.
- Process traffic violation tickets.
- Transcribe statements from digital media.
- Order office supplies and general supplies as required, distribute and process incoming and outgoing mail, maintain filing and file retrieval and other duties as required.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- A two-year administrative / legal assistant diploma would be an asset
- Experience in interpreting and processing court documents and completing various justice and legal forms is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment with constant interruptions and change of priorities
- Must have a high stress tolerance with the ability to assess emergency situations and proceed accordingly
- Must have a high degree of discretion due to the confidential nature of the work environment, which could include exposure to unsettling and/or graphic material
- Must have above average organizational and time management skills
- Ability to obtain an enhanced reliability clearance
- Excellent computer / calculator keyboarding accuracy and speed.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A fundamental understanding of FOIP Legislation.
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Erica Vickers, Finance Manager
4943 53 Street, Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.