The Records Management Coordinator supports and maintains the County’s records and records-related information management program and facilitates the application of consistent records management procedures and applications for the organization. The position provides support and assistance using the County’s Records Management Software and facilitates upgrades or amendments to the Software through collaboration with the County’s Information Technology team. Provides support with the maintenance of both physical and electronic disposition, in alignment with the County’s Records Management Bylaw. Supports Legislative Services functions as required by the Director including the support of the County’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy program, Municipal Elections and other duties as required. Promotes and participates in the County health and safety program and performs related duties.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Support and maintain the County’s records and records-related information management program
- Maintains & coordinates County records and information in compliance with the MGA
- Supports the County’s FOIPP processes and responds to information requests for record searches
- Liaises with departments to ensure the application of consistent records management procedures
- Supports Legislative Services functions and various projects as required
- The preferred level of education required by this position is a diploma in Records and Information Management (or related field), with a minimum two (2) years of directly-related experience or five (5) years of equivalent experience in a municipal environment; knowledge of Records Management software would be an asset;
- Attention to detail, and accuracy, coupled with a solid understanding of records retention, disposal and functional classification systems with experience searching and using records management software;
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Suite, paper and electronic records, document systems (M, Email and other desktop applications;
- Ability to lift medium weight (up to 50 lbs);
- Working knowledge of the FOIPP Act (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy);
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships and encourage program participation with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment;
- Valid AB Drivers’ License – (no more than six (6) demerits).
Applications are to be marked “confidential” and will be received in confidence. Submit resumes, Attention Human Resources, in one of the following ways:
Email to email@example.com
Fax to (403)335-9207
Mail to Mountain View County
PO Bag 100, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Note: For a detailed Position Description and approved 2021 salary range please contact Human Resources directly at 403-335-3311 ext 153 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.