The Town of Devon is seeking a qualified individual to fill both the positions of the Health and Safety Coordinator (0.5 FTE) in addition to the Records Management Coordinator (0.5 FTE) which combined to make a 1.0 full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Services, the Records Management Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s electronic and paper records management program. This position will be responsible for developing, recommending, implementing records management policies, strategies, and retention and disposal schedules. The successful candidate will coordinate, organize and track the destruction and removal of records in compliance with legislation. This position will also respond to record request and inquiries and provide training to staff on how to use the records management system. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring confidentiality and deal with sensitive information.
Reporting to the General Manager, Planning and Operations, the Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for promoting the Town of Devon’s health and safety program to ensure programs are in place so that employees work in a safe and healthy environment. This position also plays an integral role with providing leadership to the Joint Health and Safety Committee. The incumbent will ensure all OHS and WCB legislation requirements are met and will conduct internal safety audits for maintenance of COR (Certificate of Recognition). This position will be conduct safety orientations for new staff and coach staff on the use of safety documentation.
The individual we are seeking has the following skills:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Detail oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Records Management Coordinator
- Completion of two year post-secondary education in Library and Information Management, Records Management, Library Sciences or equivalent.
- In addition, a minimum of two years directly related experience in corporate records management. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Municipal Government records.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Information Governance credential, or Certified Records Manager credential, and/or FOIP training or certification.
Health and Safety Coordinator
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- In addition, a minimum of two year related experience in health and safety. Preference will be given to those with municipal experience.
- Experience with ergonomics, industrial hygiene, WHMIS, First aid and Incident Investigation would be considered an asset.
The salary range is $32.24 - $40.62/ hour. Salary will be negotiated based upon education and experience.
A resume with a cover letter must be submitted by the competition deadline at www.devon.ca/jobs.