The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for a full time permanent Records Technician. This position is responsible for the implementation, promotion, and maintenance of a comprehensive records and information management program. In addition, this position includes the coordination of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play an integral role in developing and assisting in meeting the requirements of the municipal records management program and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Update the municipal records management program documentation.
- Review and update records management processes.
- Update the municipality’s Personal Information Directories in accordance to legislation and Provincial Government Standards.
- Complete special information and records management projects as required.
- Diploma/Certificate in Records/Information Management program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a lead role in Records Management and FOIP responsibilities.
- 3 years’ experience with Laserfiche, including Laserfiche workflow would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the FOIP Act.
- Knowledge of the decisions of the last 3 years of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta.
- 3 years’ experience designing, implementing and managing a municipal records management program.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Municipal Government Act is an Asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Manage time and priorities effectively.
- Certificates in project management, change management would be an asset.
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010 Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Fax: (780) 826-4524
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found