The City of Camrose is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and reliable individual to join our Community Services Department as the Recreation and Culture Manager to supervise the planning, organization, direction and control of operation and management of a comprehensive community art program of the Chuck MacLean Arts Centre.
FUNCTIONS (but not limited to):
- Manage and operate the Arts Centre and Camrose Museum operations including scheduling, managing bookings, recruitment and supervising of employees, arranging for all building maintenance and repair, etc.
- Manage Recreation Programing, including scheduling, recruitment and supervising of staff, planning registered and non-registered programs, etc.
- Work with the Camrose Arts Society in the development and execution of its goals and objectives, and in the carrying out of its programs and projects.
- Promote the marketing and use of Recreation Programs, Chuck McLean’s Arts Centre and the Museum by public and user groups.
- Develop, coordinate and market various community wide special events.
- Provide leadership with the arts community and promote, publicize and communicate the philosophy, programs and activities of the Arts Centre, Community Services Department, the Arts Society and the City of Camrose.
- A degree or diploma in Recreation Administration, Community Programming, or equivalent training and/or experience in community services with an emphasis on recreation programing, special events along with arts and culture programing.
- High degree of efficiency in all areas of Microsoft Suite and Social Media.
- Ability and experience in supervising and scheduling employees and volunteers.
- Ability to liaise effectively with the arts and recreation community and organizations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additional hours will be required for this position, depending on events, projects and timelines. Schedule may need to be flexible to meet programing requirements.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below by November 15, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line.
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose
Attention: Human Resources
Mailing and Office Address:
5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8