Reporting to the Director of Community and Protective Services the Recreation Coordinator will be responsible for collaboration with and providing advice and guidance to community groups who provide recreation programs in Saddle Hills County and promotion of those recreation programs. The Recreation Coordinator will also assist the Director with development, inspection and maintenance of County parks and recreation infrastructure.
- Post-secondary education in a related field Tourism, Recreation Environmental Science, or equivalent, in a recognized educational institution is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude with an emphasis on teamwork & cooperation to achieve organizational objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years of applicable experience in a municipal environment or equivalent.
- GIS Mapping experience or survey experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with the Government of Alberta Electronic Disposition System is an asset.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while meeting required deadlines
- Full competency in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license. Ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records check
- Must maintain confidentiality and compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation.
This position reports to the Director of Community and Protective Services and works closely with all County Departments. We offer a competitive salary and excellent group benefits package.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and are not a complete description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position.
Please send resumes clearly marked “Private and Confidential” to:
Saddle Hills County
RR 1 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (780) 864-3904 Ph. (780) 864-3760
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.