The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
The tri municipal community consists of three municipalities - The City of Spruce Grove, The Town of Stony Plain and Parkland County. These municipalities are tightly linked through a strong community culture and share a range of businesses, services and amenities. With entwined rural and urban ways of life, the region works collaboratively to address mutual goals and overcome regional challenges and needs.
The Regional Housing Coordinator position is employed by the City of Spruce Grove and will work within all three municipalities as a partnered resource to serve individuals throughout the region to acquire and maintain housing while fostering client stability, wellness and autonomy. This position will be responsible for providing support, advocacy, and coordination of services to complex clients with housing needs.
This temporary position is funded by the Government of Canada’s Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy, which is administered by the Alberta Rural Development Network. The term for this position is from June 2020 to January 2024.
- Educate, advocate and coordinate access to sustainable financial benefits and entitlements including provincial and federal government benefits.
- Facilitate linkages between clients and required supports and coordinate and monitor referrals to community based services i.e. mental health and addictions, employment, disability supports.
- Provide support, advocacy and coordination of services for clients experiencing housing instability and homelessness and guide them through the complex system of social supports available.
- Complete a detailed assessment to determine housing needs and immediate supports required as well as the ability of the client to access and navigate those supports independently.
- Collaborate with clients to create a comprehensive, client-centered service plan and support the implementation of services for clients following case management best practices.
- Support clients with securing safe, adequate and affordable housing including: assistance with completing lease agreements and obtaining supportive documents as required by property managers.
- Build relationships with homeless serving organizations and landlords in order to increase capacity in supporting clients with obtaining and maintaining housing and needed resources.
- Attend relevant inter-agencies and liaise with other professionals to reduce fragmentation and facilitate seamless service delivery.
- Lead, monitor and evaluate special projects as assigned that align with the Tri-Region Homelessness and Housing Initiative.
Data Collection and Reporting
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding tenant occupancy, move outs, and vacancies.
- Maintain timely and accurate client records in accordance with applicable standards, policies and regulations using the ETO (Efforts to Outcomes) database.
- Oversee the collection and aggregation of data and report on outcomes.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in the area of Human Services, or equivalency.
- Four (4) to five (5) years of related experience in direct client service delivery.
- Registered Social Worker designation is preferred.
- Experience in housing vulnerable residents is preferred.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification is preferred.
- Assist Certification is preferred.
- Ability to work remotely may be required.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.