Lamont County is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as the Road Maintenance Supervisor!
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Road Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing staff in the supervision, planning, coordinating and organization of road maintenance functions including roadway graveling, routine and planned preservation maintenance works, winter snowplowing, sanding operations, culvert repair, signage and heavy equipment operations.
This position will provide civil engineering design and construction management support in preparation for
in-house major maintenance activities such as surveying & drafting proposed works, materials selection, road strengthening and culvert renewal, gravel pit management, and managing outsourced construction activities.
Responsibilities will also include assisting with records management, budget control and contract supervision as required. This position will coordinate road maintenance operations with the Grader Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or an equivalent area of study; with a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) designation.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in rural roads maintenance and construction practices.
- Strong working knowledge of municipal public works operations.
- Experience in work-site traffic accommodation management.
- Knowledge of transportation design and construction engineering.
- Knowledge of testing soils, gravel, concrete, and asphalt materials.
- Knowledge of surveying while using GPS technology.
- Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate level.
- Holds strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders (rate payers, council).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and provide leadership to staff.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A clean driver’s abstract is requested as a pre-condition upon
This position is based on a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. Lamont County offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package and participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan.
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.