Reporting to the Supervisor, the Road Operations Technologist is responsible for the coordination and implementation of a combination of road operation programs and activities including road use agreements, road bans, transportation permitting, road approach applications, and the associated inspections and reporting on road, bridge, utility and drainage infrastructure.
- Administer Road Use and Road Crossing agreements. Prepare agreements and perform site inspections related to each agreement.
- Set, implement and monitor County Road Bans in coordination with the County’s Maintenance Manager.
- Respond to road ban and transportation permitting inquiries. Liaise with the County’s vehicle permitting agency regarding road conditions and preferred vehicle routing.
- Administer Road Approach Applications. Review Approach Applications and perform approach inspections to ensure compliance with County Standards.
- Respond to gravel off-sales inquiries. Arrange for equipment to load trucks for gravel off-sales.
- Complete inspections and prepare reports based on each inspection of new and existing roads, approaches, bridges and bridge-sized culverts, utilities and drainage infrastructure.
- Represent the County as a stakeholder for functional studies in conjunction with municipal and provincial agencies.
- Act as a resource and provide supporting information/documentation to other departmental employees across the organization as requested.
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of Rocky View County.
Completion of Civil Engineering Technology Certificate in a related field along with a minimum of one year progressively responsible and diversified experience.
- Display strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of municipal, highway engineering and construction practices, procedures and specifications related to the position.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, organizational, prioritizing, time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of basic MS Office Suite as well as basic keyboarding skills.
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Work in accordance with the requirements established by the RVC Health and Safety Program and the Alberta OHS Act, Regulation and Code.
- Take reasonable care to protect their health and safety and other persons at or in the vicinity of the worksite while they are working.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.