About this Role:
Do you consider yourself an experienced public works supervisor who has strong experience in the management of roads and fleet? Are you someone who has exceptional customer service skills, enjoys supporting all levels of an organization and is task-driven? We want to meet you!
We are looking for a permanent full-time Roads and Fleet Manager to join our Community Operations Team.
As a key member of the Community Operations management team, the Roads and Fleet Manager provides oversight to the City’s roads, fleet and surface storm water management functions in support of the City’s overall operations and development. This includes, but is not limited to day-to-day operations and maintenance of all City roads infrastructure, supervision of fleet services and surface stormwater maintenance, and the direct coordination of contract management, capital projects, procurement of equipment, and communication with all City staff.
- Provides operational and maintenance expertise in the implementation and continuous improvement of:
- Maintenance of all City roads, surface stormwater and sidewalks:
- Oversees snowplowing, sanding and road grading, clean-up debris; installation of street signage and maintenance; creates and oversees implementation of salt management plan and supports traffic solutions in collaboration with the City’s engineering department.
- Operations and maintenance of the City’s fleet program: oversees fleet repairs, preventative maintenance procedures, safety protocols, policies and general workflows.
- Citizen liaison: acts on citizen’s complaints and concerns.
- Overall management of contracted services; supervises subcontractors to maintain quality standards; conducts final acceptance inspections with consultants, contractors and developers.
- Preparation and management of RFP processes for procurement of equipment, goods and services.
- Coordination of rehabilitation or related capital projects.
- Participates as a member of the Chestermere Emergency Response team.
For more information about this role, check out the attached detailed job description at www.chestermere.ca/jobs
Qualifications for this Role:
- Journeyman Certificate in a related public works field.
- 7 years of experience operating heavy equipment with 2 years minimum in a supervisory role.
- Civil Engineering Diploma with CET considered an asset.
- Valid Class 3 Alberta Driver’s Licence, air breaks endorsement, and Driver’s Abstract deemed satisfactory by the City.
- Project management, procurement and general road construction and rehabilitation experience preferred.
- Criminal Record Check deemed satisfactory by the City.
Working for the City of Chestermere:
As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents.
By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to the vision of Chestermere as a sustainable lakeside recreational community that is safe and family oriented. We serve our community by creating an Amazing place to live, work and play. Chestermere is committed to creating a diverse workplace environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume referencing:
Job Competition 2019 Roads and Fleet Manager. This position will remain open a successful candidate is found.
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road, Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: K Russell
Fax: (403) 207-7080
Note: The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.