Come join our exciting team! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community. We are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and we offer a collaborative team environment. The Planning & Development Department is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant with exceptional organizational and reasoning skills, and excellent interpersonal skills to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Current Planning, this position is responsible for providing a diverse range of administrative functions to the Building Safety Codes Officers, and for providing independent customer-service to builders, contractors, homeowners, and the general public.
- Act as a first point of contact to builders, contractors and homeowners through e-mail, phone calls, and in person visits to City Hall
- Coordinate, prioritize, and schedule inspections, including collection of necessary documentation for relevant inspections
- Closure of building permits in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with the City’s Quality Management Plan
- Coordinate and prepare information relevant to safety codes audits
- Manage electronic permitting
- Ongoing maintenance and monitoring of building permit files
- Prepare builders’ newsletters and other engagement materials for stakeholders
- Interpret and provide information and responses to the public on applicable legislation and bylaws
- Assist in updating the department’s website pages
- Prepare expense submissions, code invoices, reconcile budgets and credit card statements
- A two-year Business or Administrative Diploma, or other post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Minimum of two years’ related work experience (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in providing customer service to clients or the general public by telephone, in person and in writing
- Experience with Cityworks and other business-related software is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in a municipal environment, knowledge of construction practices, safety codes systems and practices, and relevant portions of federal, provincial, and municipal legislation.
Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of independent analytical reasoning, strong attention to detail, effective interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities. It is necessary to have the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment where communication needs to be effective and professional at all times.
This full-time permanent position offers a salary range of $51,852-$67,655 (salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, and a 35-hour work week. To apply, email your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 20-05 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2020.
Anticipated start date is March 30, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.