Our current and beloved Safety Coordinator and Emergency Services Admin Assistant is moving from the area and we are looking to fill this full-time position.
If you meet the following requirements, we want to hear from you!
- Assist Emergency Services Manager with administrative duties including Community Peace Officer and Fire Service paperwork.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of municipal emergency management services.
- Administer the MD of Willow Creek Safety Program including:
- Advise on compliance and interpretation of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and any other relevant legislation.
- Assist and support Safety Advisor(s) in all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Facilitate the preventative maintenance program and ensure compliance.
- Maintain internal database for all safety documents and records.
- Assist in maintaining Certificate of Recognition (COR) through internal and external audits.
- Develop and review hazard assessments, safe job procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Attend all Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) meetings and assist with minutes, agendas, and recommendations. Coordinate follow-up actions.
- Ensure new hire orientations and training is completed and all required documentation is inspected and collected accurately. This will include scheduling and having employee’s complete required training. This may include competency verification.
- Assist in monthly safety meetings.
- Participate in incident investigations to determine root cause, causal factors and preventative measures/corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist in emergency response and evacuation plans and ensure emergency preparedness measures at all work locations are implemented and reviewed.
- Coordinate the municipality’s PPE program.
- Maintain Safety Filing System, both electronically and hard copy filing, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in coordinating and administering a health and safety management system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills (verbal, written and visual presentation).
- Proficient with presentation, database and office software.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, self-starter.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
Success in this position requires interpersonal communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage a variety of functions at one time.
- Exciting Opportunity to work in a team-based, supportive environment.
- Fulfilling and Challenging position.
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Positive working environment.
- Competitive compensation.
Only e-mail resumes will be accepted. All resumes must include three professional references. Please forward your resume in care of:
Kelly Starling – Emergency Services Manager
Stafford Bezak – Safety Manager / Shop Foreman
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
www.mdwillowcreek.com - Check out our community and our lifestyle.