Under direction of the CAO, the Senior Administrative Assistant – Legislative Services is responsible for providing confidential administrative and secretarial support to the CAO and Council in the delivery of their respective duties; and is the primary contact for matters related to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
Responsibilities include preparation and distribution of council and committee agenda packages, recording of minutes, scheduling of meetings, preparation and upkeep of Bylaws, processing FOIP requests, handling correspondence of a sensitive, confidential or political nature and other administrative duties as required.
Hours per week: 37.5 hours – Monday to Friday
- Schedule includes Monday evenings
Pay Scale: This is an out-of-scope position with a salary range of $49,900 - $63,200
Benefits: As per the Town’s HR Policy
Required qualifications include:
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Business or Public Administration or related field
- Proficiency in MS office (word, power point, excel)
- Strong communications skills
- Knowledge of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- High level of integrity
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of council meeting procedure, agenda preparation, minute taking
- Familiar with the Municipal Government Act
- Politically astute and able to handle sensitive/confidential matters
- Knowledgeable in FOIP legislation
Preference will be given to candidates with NACLAA Level 1 certification or Local Government Administration certification equivalency.
The Town of Drumheller is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity on the work place; all candidates who are authorized to work in Canada are welcome to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Town of Drumheller
224 Centre Street
Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y4