Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It is a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
We are currently recruiting for the right person to fill the position of Senior Executive Assistant (Mayor). This position provides highly sensitive and confidential executive, personal and administrative support and assistance to the Mayor. The Senior Executive Assistant is responsible for ensuring the Mayor and the Office of the Mayor is supported to operate with maximum efficiency and effectiveness. The position acts as a conduit between The Mayor, Chief of Staff, City Manager, City Council, the organization, and the community. In this respect the position is required to anticipate and respond to a wide range of issues.
Ideally to fill this role you will have a minimum two year post-secondary business education from a recognized college, including courses in business writing. Canadian Certified Administrative Professional or equivalent designation would be considered an asset.
In addition you will have:
- Five years’ progressively more responsible experience in an executive assistant position. A public policy background would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Working knowledge of social media concepts and applications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills:
- ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information tactfully.
- ability to act decisively and to exercise a high degree of initiative and judgement
- ability to manage time effectively,
- ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, along with interruptions
- ability to take initiative, work with little direction, and manage diverse subject matter
- ability to interpret the City’s standards, policies, procedures and practices
- ability to work in a team environment
- Possess strong research and analytical skills
- Understand cultural differences and customs, government protocols and etiquette to represent The City well and to be sensitive in helping create and maintain relationships
- Possess political acumen
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive hourly rate of $33.35 to $41.68 and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you like what you have read, and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
To apply for this position please visit our website.