Beaumont has an opening for a permanent, full-time Senior Safety Codes Officer in the building discipline. Reporting to the Manager, Current Planning, the Senior Safety Codes Officer will carry out a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- administering and enforcing the Safety Codes Act and related regulations, and City bylaws;
- reviewing permit applications and issuing permits, and preparing site inspection reports noting observations and instances of non-compliance for residential and commercial projects;
- conducting ongoing site inspections and pre-permit site evaluations according to applicable Building Codes and enforcing laws guided by the Code as well as reviewing designs, working drawings and material specifications and any changes during construction or renovation;
- providing accurate technical information to the public, contractors and staff; and
- ensuring current legislation and changes are clarified and implemented.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- part 3, HVAC All Certification, supplemented by additional Certification or by long term experience as a Safety Codes Officer;
- a minimum of 10-12 years relevant building construction experience from plan preparation through to actual construction, and at least 5 years as a certified Safety Codes Officer through the Safety Codes Council;
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- practical knowledge and experience in Word and Outlook, and permitting software;
- demonstrated time management, organizational, and decision making ability;
- competency in reviewing plans and coordinating with interested parties;
- ability to effectively resolve issues and attain corrective measures;
- demonstrated internal and external customer service skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships with industry partners; and
- a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
This position offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, enrolment in LAPP, a competitive benefits package, and a 40-hour work week.
If you think you are the one we are searching for, please email your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 20-37 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.