Now Hiring Superintendent – Parks
A challenging and rewarding opportunity exists for an experienced and energetic Parks and Recreation professional. Reporting to the Manager of Parks, the Superintendent – Parks will lead a talented team within the Parks and Recreation department involved in the operation of the Gas City Campground, Hillside Cemetery, Echo Dale Regional Park , Playgrounds, hiking and biking trails, and multiple outdoor sports and recreation facilities.
This professional management position is responsible for the administration, operation, planning, marketing, and programming of the facilities mentioned above. The ideal candidate will have experience in as many of the following areas as possible: finance, recreational programming, marketing, tourism, special events, and environmental conservation. Advanced verbal and written communication skills are essential. One must have proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, user groups, organizations and the general public.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a major in Horticulture, Parks or Recreation Administration or a related field;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Parks operations and/or maintenance or a related field, which includes three (3) years in a supervisory/managerial capacity;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driving record;
- Management approved combination of education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #19249A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until Friday, January 31, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.