The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents and promotes future growth. Through the actions of our Shared Principles, innovation is encouraged; communication and learning are continuous in this team environment while maintaining a positive work and family life balance.
In this newly created position you will be responsible for planning, directing and monitoring the operation and maintenance of the City's Drainage system. You will initiate programs designed to ensure the effective operation of the City’s major and minor drainage systems. In addition you will oversee the operational programs, direct staff for program delivery, create and manage budgets, develops and maintain policy-driven service levels.
If you are a professional who:
- Seeks challenge and wants to take your leadership experience to new heights,
- Can be an integral player in developing the future of the City of Spruce Grove, and
- Wants to make a difference in the ‘Community of Choice’.
……then we want to hear from you.
- Post-secondary diploma (2 year) or certificate (1 year) from a recognized college or technical school in a related field.
- Alberta Environment Wastewater Collection Level II Certification with willingness to obtain Level III Certification.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in the field of Drainage operations and maintenance.
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven leadership skills at a supervisory level.
- Leadership Development Program certificate is an asset.
- Valid class 5 drivers licence.
Competition number: RC 2019 0019
Division: Planning and Infrastructure
Department: Public Works
Close Date: February 28, 2019
Salary range: $98,809 - $122,059 per annum currently under review.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.