The City of St. Albert, home to more than 66,000 residents, is a beautiful community adjacent to northwest Edmonton. If you would enjoy the opportunity to join a resilient, progressive and learning focused team, consider a future with the City of St. Albert Utilities Branch. We’ll provide the tools, the technology and the support you need to succeed. You’ll be integral to providing safe and secure drinking water, responsibly managed wastewater systems that are essential for our community.
The Utilities & Environment Department is seeking an experienced individual with strong coordination and project management skills to join their Utilities Branch as the Supervisor, Utilities Construction & Maintenance. Reporting to the Manager, Utilities, the Supervisor is responsible for the development of short and long-term plans relating to the operation, maintenance, rehabilitation/replacement or construction of new water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- the creation and implementation of project management plans that will allow for the successful completion of capital and special projects
- assisting in the identification of future capital projects based on infrastructure condition, life cycle data and priority needs
- conducting review and mark-up of all drawings including, but not limited to new development construction, roadway overlay and rehabilitation and other capital projects on behalf of the Utilities Department
- implementing operational activities and preventative maintenance programs
- personnel management of a unionized work group
- supporting strategic planning, policies and procedure & environmental compliance activities
- providing technical/administrative support, and
- working closely with the Manager, Utilities to develop and review budgets, expenditures and prioritize spending to optimize available funding
- A certificate or diploma in the profession of Water and Wastewater Operations and Environmental Technology or equivalent combination of technical training (e.g. AWWOA, AWWA, Sacramento University or NAIT).
- A minimum 5 years in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection systems operations and maintenance including supervisory and contract administration.
- Equivalent relevant education, qualifications and experience may be considered.
- Alberta Environment Level 3 in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection
- PMP designation would be an asset or 3-5 years of experience in project management in Water, Wastewater and Storm water.
- This position requires knowledge of project management, contract administration, municipal engineering, and regulatory requirements..
- Strong abilities using the programs of the Microsoft Office Suite, asset management software, GIS, SCADA system, AutoCAD and Pictometry.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License and a personal vehicle for work use is required.
HOURS OF WORK
This position will work a compressed schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks). The incumbent may be called on in emergency situations to provide departmental presence and support as required.
$85,540 - $105,280 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
By May 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Careers website www.stalbert.ca/employment