The Town of Sylvan Lake is a lakeside town in Central Alberta of over 14,000 people and growing. With close proximity to the major centers of Red Deer, Calgary and Edmonton, we can offer the amenities of larger center with the relaxed living atmosphere offered by a smaller community. With abundant year round recreational and cultural activities, we have definitely earned the name of “Brilliant All Year!” We are a growing and thriving municipality and as such the organization continues to move ahead in a progressive manner.
Do you want the chance to work with an amazing team where learning and thorough communication is an ongoing experience? Do you want to have fun at the same time as providing a critical service to the entire Town? If you are interested in great work experience, we have an immediate opening for a:
Systems Support Analyst - Permanent, Full time
Salary Range - $39.59 – 47.28/hr.(35hrs./week)
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Systems Support Analyst’s role is twofold: to provide direct, hands-on end-user support and maintenance to in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals; and, to take an active role in the coordination and support of the Town’s enterprise software – such as systems knowledge management, configuration, login and access support, O365 applications deployment, and system updates/upgrades.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve hardware, application and software issues for end-users, in support of our current help desk management.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Work with clients, vendors, and stakeholders on technology (current and new), implementing business solutions and process changes through enterprise software configuration and maturation.
- In coordination with the IT Manager, design, develop and execute new technology initiatives and systems in support of Town strategic and operational plans.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Assist in the procurement of hardware and software for net-new or replacement.
- This position does not: support backend operations, such as backup/restore, server maintenance/management, database or GIS operations, etc.
- Understand and adhere to all worker responsibilities as outlined in the current Towns’ Health and Safety Policy.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1 year related experience in a municipal setting or comparable environment (such as other government settings, NGO, or corporate).
- Preferred Certifications include; in Microsoft front-end technologies (MOS, MTA, MCSA) Certification in Microsoft O365 and/or Azure Fundamentals, CompTIA A+, ITIL certification, project management, service management, cybersecurity, cloud (SAAS, PAAS) computing
- High degree of personal initiative, organizational skills, integrity, professionalism and political sensitivity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong support management skills: able to work with a broad range of users with varying abilities, dispositions, and technical skills
- Ability to work under conditions where interruptions are frequent
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 365 services and applications
- Excellent knowledge and experience with general desktop systems (Windows 10), peripheral support, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Financial, municipal software packages, and/or SCADA an asset.
- Experience with Smart City technologies (IoT, Azure-based apps, blockchain, etc.) an asset.
- Ability to diffuse conflict situation (ie. Upset staff, Council, residents)
- Willingness to assist co-workers and other when required on projects and initiatives
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve desktop and client-related issues and incidents.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including coordination with the Town’s managed services provider.
- O365 Office (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as O365 Services (Teams, Sharepoint, Planner, etc.)
- Predominantly Windows 10, iPhone, minority of Mac desktop products.
- CentralSquare Diamond, Pearl, Worktech
- In-house developed applications, such as GIS-related.
- Specialized software including SCADA
This role works in coordination with the Town’s Managed Services provider, as well as other IT staff to support Town administrative staff, the Mayor and Council, as well as Town-related public services.
This is a terrific opportunity to work in a professional, team focused environment. You have a strong desire to be major contributor to the success of a vibrant and growing organization. If you are up to the challenge of taking ownership and wanting to make a difference, this is an ideal situation. We offer competitive rates, a tremendous benefits package including an Earned Day Off program and an excellent work/life balance situation. If this position intrigues you, please submit your resume in confidence specifying which position you are applying for by October 25, 2020, to:
Town of Sylvan Lake
5012 – 48 Avenue
Sylvan Lake, AB T4S 1G6
Attention: Human Resources
F 403 887 3660