About this Role
Are you a creative, strategic leader who encourages passion and sense of team? Are you results driven with the ability to establish relationships and partnerships quickly? If so, we want to meet you!
The City is currently seeking a full-time Team Lead, Development Services.
As a member of the Planning and Growth team, the Team Lead, Development Services provides day-to-day workflow coordination and administrative oversight to the Development Service division within the Planning and Growth department in support of the City’s overall operations and development. This includes, but is not limited to supervision of front desk administration, workflow of permit processing and approval, and coordinating work of Planning and Development Technicians.
Some responsibilities include:
- Provides administrative and workflow coordination in the implementation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of:
- Coordinates the work of Planning and Development Technicians and Assistants, providing feedback and direction;
- Assists contractors, developers, homeowners and other relevant stakeholders through all stages of development processes;
- Advises development permit applicants or potential applicants with best practices and recommendations;
- Prepares reports regarding subdivision, building and/or development permit applicants for presentation to Council, Development/Subdivision Appeal Board, and Senior Leadership;
- Reviews municipal documents including Area Structure Plans, Municipal Development Plan and the Land Use Bylaw; develops and amends bylaws and policies as required;
- Ensures Land Use Bylaw is current and it’s provisions are adhered to and enforced;
- Oversees the flow of permit applications.
- Oversight of front desk administration: responds to stakeholders’ inquiries, resolves issues professionally; supports front desk staff with administrative tasks as required.
For more information about this role, check out the detailed job description.
Qualifications for this Role
- Degree in Planning or a related discipline.
- 4 years of related and progressive experience, including supervisory experience.
- Completion of or enrolment in the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s Licence and Drive’s Abstract deemed satisfactory by the City.
- Criminal Record Check deemed satisfactory by the City.
Working for the City of Chestermere
As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents.
By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to the vision of Chestermere as a sustainable lakeside recreational community that is safe and family oriented. We serve our community by creating an Amazing place to live, work and play. Chestermere is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume referencing Job Competition 2020 Team Lead Development by 4:30 p.m. on Friday August 7, 2020 to:
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road,
Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: J. Gibeau
Fax: (403) 207-7050
Note: The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.