You have probably long since recognized the value of living in an area that blends an exceptional rural lifestyle with all the amenities of urban convenience. You can experience the same unique balance of growth, opportunity and a progressive work environment at the Municipal District of Taber.
The Water/Wastewater field provides a very interesting diverse work environment with the ability to work with computer systems, laboratory testing equipment, process instrumentation etc.
Employment with the Municipal District of Taber offers the following:
- Competitive wages.
- A communicative work environment that encourages growth and development and celebrates teamwork.
- Hours of work that allow for a healthy work / life balance.
- Competitive wages.
We are actively recruiting for the following position:
Temporary Water Treatment Utility Operator (6months – 1 year)
The primary duties of this position include:
- Maintain lab equipment; perform routine water testing analysis, report writing & documentation.
- Perform necessary calibrations regarding online analyzers & bench testing equipment.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Regional Water Treatment Plants & Distribution Systems when required.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Collection Systems when required.
- Maintain municipal equipment to ensure reliability and safety.
- Other duties that provide challenge and variety.
Alberta Environment Level I Certification in Water Treatment, Water Distribution. Level 1 Certification in Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Collection would be considered an asset.
Valid Class “5” Driver’s License required. Drivers Abstract must be provided.
Supervisory staff will provide training and mentoring.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a resume to:
Municipal District of Taber
Ginger Rose – Director of Hamlets and Utilities
Taber, AB; T1G 1T2
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.