The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for the position of Transportation & Utilities Foreman. This position is required to assist with field inspections and supervise assigned staff in accordance with approved personnel policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, assign and supervise work of T&U employees. Discuss plans and priorities with the Manager of Transportation and/or the General Manager of Infrastructure Services.
- Oversee all road maintenance and provide guidance to operators on the repair and maintenance procedures of gravel roads, cold mix roads and hot asphalt roads.
- Provide supervision on the installation of culverts and other drainage issues.
- Receive direction and guidance from the Manager of Transportation regarding programs and projects. Discuss operations, priorities, personnel matters and policies.
- Coordinate brush cutting and snow removal services to ensure safe driving conditions.
- Ensure road shoulders are properly maintained and free of weeds for proper surface drainage. Make any necessary resources available to control bush and noxious weeds on the roadside.
- Regularly inspect and repair advisory and regulatory signs on the M.D. road system, while maintaining a log of inspections.
- Supervise the work of outside contractors and trades people on special construction and repair projects and report progress to the Manager/G.M.
- Patrol roads on a regular basis in conjunction with other staff, noting deficiencies and conditions.
- Perform on-call duties.
- Respond to complaints and inquiries from the public and maintain good public relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent high school diploma and/or experience.
- Good level of supervisory, mechanical and technical skill.
- Good leadership and communication skills, with the ability to problem solve, analyze and provide recommendations.
- Good public relation skills.
- Ability to respond quickly and decisively to stressful situations.
- Ability to operate necessary equipment.
- Good knowledge of equipment and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of road maintenance techniques.
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Postal Bag 1010
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Fax: (780) 826-3775
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.