Welcome to the Town of Nanton. This small-town of 2200 people, offers its residents the comfort and security inherent of a small community. A choice of established or new homes in quiet residential areas lend to a peaceful atmosphere. The historic downtown is rich with the heritage of the area, as reflected in the many businesses. Nanton is truly “Authentic Alberta”.
The Town of Nanton boasts sport facilities, including the Tom Hornecker Recreation Centre, the Nanton Golf Course and the Nanton Agricultural Society Grounds. A public library for those in pursuit of quieter activities is conveniently located close to Main Street. Nanton is proud to have two schools, A. B. Daley for kindergarten to grade six, and J. T. Foster High School for grades seven to twelve. Both schools have active band, athletic and scholastic programs. Special activities and attractions are ongoing during the year.
With the surrounding open prairies to the east, picturesque, rolling foothills to the west, easy access to larger centers to the north and south and close proximity to the U.S., Nanton offers country charm with affordable small-town living.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Utilities Foreman will oversee and manage the utility systems, supervise staff and provide administrative support and assistance to the Operations Manager. This Union Position is a one-year term position with the option to renew for a second year.
Weekend hours required for water and sewer testing on a rotational basis.
- Minimum grade 12 high school education or equivalent
- A Level III Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, with a minimum Level II in Distribution and Collection Certification is required. A strong Level II across the board, with a pending Level III certification in water and wastewater treatment will be considered.
- Experience in managing a Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) water treatment plant and a Membrane Bioreactor wastewater treatment plant an asset.
- A minimum of four (4) years of directly related experience within a municipal setting or closely related industry is required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in lab operations and effective record keeping as it pertains to federal, provincial, municipal, and in-house policies and regulations.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and Internet browser application including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Class 3 Operator License with air endorsement
- Additional training in utility systems, human resource management, facility management, and/or general administration would be an asset
The Town of Nanton offers competitive compensation and benefits that includes a pension plan as well as extended health and dental coverage. Please include salary expectations with resume.
Submit written application to:
Town of Nanton
Nanton, AB T0L 1R0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.