The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Shared Principles, innovation is encouraged; communication and learning are continuous in this team environment while maintaining a positive work and family life balance.
The Utility & Customer Account Services Supervisor is responsible to oversee and provide leadership to staff in the Utility and Customer Accounts work unit within the Revenue and Taxation section of the Finance department. This work unit is responsible for utility billing, general receivables and front line services which include; general reception, mail distribution, cash receipting and customer account services. The incumbent provides daily operational support to all areas of responsibility, develops and delivers training plans; ensuring excellent customer service delivery and work unit effectiveness. This position reports to the Revenue & Taxation Manager.
Work Unit Effectiveness
- Using a hands on approach, assist Customer Account Representatives and Billing Specialists to ensure goals/objectives are unaffected by staff absences and cycles of demanding workloads.
- Serve as technical expert on Diamond/Great Plains modules for Customer Maintenance, Utility Billing, Sales and Cash Receipting.
- Adjust work plans in response to shift in staff capacity and/or priorities.
- -Facilitate weekly team meetings to deliver effective communication to support team awareness and role clarity.
- Develop and deliver cross training programs to maintain a flexible workforce by empowering and creating versatility amongst staff.
- Assist team in responding to difficult customer issues and follow up with coaching on specifics of de-escalation techniques.
- Maintain effective communication with internal customers to promote shared knowledge and city values.
Data & Process Integrity
- Audit financial transactions within general & utility receivables and cash receipting for accuracy.
- On a daily basis, compile cash batches, prepare daily bank deposits and support Revenue Analyst in reconciliation process.
- In collaboration with Information Systems, lead software enhancement & maintenance for cash receipting, sales, utility billing and meter reading software.
- Collaborate with departments where processes are interconnected and customers overlap to ensure the business needs are equally understood and delivery of service is complementary.
- Perform regular review/testing of process documentation to ensure availability of necessary tools to perform duties.
- Support the incorporation of best practices into cash handling activities at satellite offices.
- Lead record management activity to ensure practices align with the corporate structure and section file plan.
- Provide oversight to daily activities of the Customer Account Representatives, Billing Specialists, and Meter Technician.
- Provide a high level of coaching and leadership to direct reports in the achievement of their annual goals/objectives and during the performance management process.
- Create annual goals, meet monthly to review successes, challenges and needs for revision. Perform interim and annual performance appraisals
- Receive and investigate complaints or concerns relative to the delivery of section services and ensure appropriate information is provided or appropriate action taken.
- Respond to customer concerns and complaints using tact and understanding.
- Post secondary Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or Finance or equivalent.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years related utility experience.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years supervisor experience.
- Certificate in Local Government Administration an asset.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for a full job description and more information about the City of Spruce Grove.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.