Reporting to the Director of Public Works, The Utility Foreman is responsible for the day to day operation and maintenance of the municipal water utility for Lamont County. This position is responsible for ensuring the municipal water systems operate in accordance with environmental legislation and approvals.
Primary Job Duties include:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of municipal water transmission and distribution in accordance with environmental approvals and regulations.
- Inspect reservoir facilities, pump houses and their associated control and alarm systems, and record readings. Maintain and update applicable records for all operations.
- Manage water quality including collecting water samples for analysis. Responsible for the supervision of the utility operator(s).
- Install, remove, repair, read and record or calibrate commercial and residential water meters if needed.
- Operate, maintain and repair equipment used for utility functions as required.
- Maintain and repair pumping equipment together with the associated starters, electrical fuses and controls related to such equipment.
- Ensure applicable records and documents for all utility operations are maintained and updated. Prepare reports, collect documentation and research activities as needed.
- In cooperation with the Public Works Director, is regularly updated on the status of the various systems and recommend repair and/or replacement strategies for the various systems.
- Work shifts of standby for after regular hour call outs or emergencies as required.
- The successful candidate will possess valid certification in:
- Level I Water Treatment
- Level I Wastewater Treatment
- Level II Water Distribution
- Level II Wastewater Collection
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Certified Water and Wastewater Operator
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player who enjoys working with the public.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Physical job requirements include occasional heavy lifting of 60 pounds, frequent squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing.
- A valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract is required.
Lamont County offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The Utility Foreman is a full-time position with hours of work being Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, 40 hours a week.
Interested applicants can forward their application to:
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.