The Town is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for the position of Utility Technician I. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative and result driven. This person will be part of a great team assisting in the operation, repair and maintenance of the Town’s water treatment facility, water distribution, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment system.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 5,100 just 85 kilometres north of Edmonton. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Westlock you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the new Rotary Spirit Centre multi-plex, the Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks and playgrounds. The Town’s strong business sector provides all the services and shopping you will need. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
As a key player in our team you will have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalency;
- completion of a Water/Wastewater Technician program;
- valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License;
- operation and maintenance of a water treatment facility, water distribution system, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment system;
- perform routine maintenance on operations equipment;
- perform the necessary laboratory duties;
- collect and analyze water samples;
- complete and maintain the necessary logs and reports;
- have effective communication and organizational skills;
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- experience in a municipal setting;
- experience with SCADA systems; and
- experience and training in safety programs.
To view the complete job description or to find out more about us, please view our website at www.westlock.ca
The Town of Westlock offers a competitive salary and excellent employee benefit program including LAPP pension. Successful candidates must become a member of CUPE Local 3047. Hours of employment are 0730 to 1630 hours, Monday to Friday.
Drivers abstract and Criminal records check will be required at interview.
Please submit your resume with three references in confidence to:
Town of Westlock
Westlock, Alberta T7P 2K3
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Town of Westlock thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted