The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for the position of Water and Sewer Supervisor. This position is responsible for the duties associated with the maintenance, repair and operation of the water and wastewater systems within the Municipal District of Bonnyville no. 87.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise water and sewer operations in the M.D. of Bonnyville; within the hamlets of Fort Kent, Ardmore and Therien.
- Test the operation of valves and gates; inspect start and stop pumps, engines, electric motors, and perform routine maintenance work.
- Maintain log book and record meter readings.
- Regular collection of water samples to perform routine laboratory tests and analyses.
- Manage lagoon operations.
- Participate in the flushing and cleaning of water and sewer lines.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on assigned equipment.
- Prepare a variety of reports.
- Assist in the maintenance of M.D. facilities.
- Perform weekend and holiday on-call duties as required.
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Assist with the delivery of capital projects related to water and sewer systems, from conceptual design through to construction.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12.
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience.
- Completion of Alberta Environment Certification Program, (Level I Water Treatment, Level I Water Distribution, Level I Waste Water Collection, Level I Waste Water Treatment) or equivalent.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Confined Space Certificate.
- Hold a valid Class 3 Driver’s License.
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Postal Bag 1010
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Fax: (780) 826-3775