The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River is currently seeking a full-time Water/Wastewater Operator to assist with daily operation and maintenance of facilities three hours north of Edmonton, among the vast boreal forest territory. The position includes monitoring and reporting as per Alberta Environment Codes and Regulations and applicable Codes of Practice. The municipality has three water treatment facilities, seven water distribution facilities, and three wastewater collection and treatment facilities.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Alberta Environment Certifications in Water and Wastewater disciplines preferred.
- Willingness to advance with Alberta Environment Certifications for plant distribution and collection activities.
- Membrane Water & Wastewater Treatment experience would be an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform duties requiring mild and medium physical labor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and SCADA systems
- Equivalencies or related training such as trades, power engineer, or engineering technology may be considered for the candidate wishing to pursue water and wastewater operating certification.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive compensation/benefits package, a variety of developmental opportunities, and the opportunity to make a real difference within a growing and dynamic organization.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Competition 2018” in the subject line, or submit in confidence by hard copy mailed to the address indicated below. This competition will remain open until January 22, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is hired.
Municipal District of Lesser Slave River no.124
Box 722 Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.