The Town of Olds strives for a culture focused on our employees being dedicated, helpful and knowledgeable to help us achieve our mission of creating connections for the future. Information and engagement are key factors in creating these connections. Both within our community and with the rest of the world. The Town uses our newly designed website, Facebook, and Twitter to inform and engage visitors, and the citizens of Olds, in a coordinated and strategic direction.
The Town of Olds has an opening for a full time Website and Social Media Coordinator. Within the Community Services department this is a communications position responsible for creating and maintaining content for the Town of Olds website and social media channels. The Town currently has a number of different Facebook pages that are manage internally. We also have Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts that can be used for information dissemination or engagement. Content creation will involve working with departments, Community Facilitators, the Communication Coordinator and independently to make sure information is correct, relevant, and up to date. This position will be responsible for monitoring content on the website to make sure links to external content stay current so visitors to our website do not experience website errors. Errors that cannot be fixed using our website content management system (Drupal) will be sent to the website design contractor. Recommendations will be made to the Director of Community Services to improve website design and content based on data in Google Analytics, direct feedback received through the website feedback form and best practices related to website design, content management and social medial platform use. This position will also provide support for employees for simple computer (hardware/software) related issues.
To be the successful candidate for this position, you should have the following:
- Post-secondary education in Website Design, Social Media, Communication, Marketing or Public Relations
- IT Technical certificate would be an asset.
- At least 2 years in website design or website content management position
- Experience using Drupal as website content management
- Excellent organization, oral and written communication skills to complement your knowledge and experience in web design and communication.
- Strong computer troubleshooting skills to be able to provide support to employees with simple computer (hardware/software) related issues.
- Experience in a municipal environment would be an asset.
Compensation includes benefits and is based on a 37.5 work week. A detailed job description including specific qualifications can be found on the Town of Olds website at www.olds.ca/contacts/employment-opportunities.
Interested parties are invited to submit a cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications by July 29, 2019.
Town of Olds
4512 46 Street
Olds AB T4H 1R5
The Town of Olds thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.