Although it’s only July, AUMA President Barry Morishita has already had a busy summer connecting with Cabinet members whose mandates affect our members. The week of July 2, Barry and his team met with:
- Kaycee Madu, Minister of Municipal Affairs
- Doug Schweitzer, Minister of Justice and Solicitor General
- Ric McIver, Minister of Transportation; and
- Prasad Panda, Minister of Infrastructure.
Following time spent making connections with municipalities and the province at the Calgary Stampede, Barry also met with the following officials the week of July 15:
- Travis Toews, Minister of Treasury Board and Finance
- Tyler Shandro, Minister of Health; and
- Grant Hunter, Associate Minister for Red Tape Reduction.
While Barry has been meeting with elected officials, our CEO and members of the executive team have also had meetings with high-level members of government administration to continue the discussions that began at the political level.
These meetings are just a part of AUMA’s ongoing efforts to build relationships with other orders of government and advocate for municipalities on important issues such as infrastructure funding, police resourcing and opportunities to reduce red tape on municipalities.