AUMA is seeking representatives for two of the Safety Codes Council’s sub-councils: the Fire Sub-Council and Gas Sub-Council. These appointments are for three-year terms and will commence in fall 2017.
The Fire Sub-Council is responsible for:
- administering the safety codes system throughout Alberta;
- administering an appeals system;
- making recommendations to the Minister regarding the adoption of codes and standards; and
- maintaining an information system that tracks safety codes system information used to identify trends and may be accessed by the Minister.
The Gas Sub-Council is responsible for:
- reviewing, formulating, and recommending safety codes, standards, and principles of barrier free design and access;
- establishing competency requirements for Safety Codes Officers;
- developing standards and compliance monitoring criteria for accredited organizations;
- assessing the effectiveness and quality of Safety Codes Officers training courses; and
- hearing and deciding appeals of orders and written notices.
Both of these Sub-Councils meet on average three to four times per year. Representatives are reimbursed for travel and accommodation expenses.
Read the full position description for a Safety Codes Council member.
If you have expertise in the fire or gas field and are interested in participating on the Safety Codes Council’s Sub-Council on behalf of AUMA, please provide a brief profile with your experience and background by September 22, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.