AUMA is seeking representatives for two of the Safety Codes Council’s sub-councils: the Fire Sub-Council and Gas Sub-Council. These appointments are for three-year terms and will commence in fall 2017.
The Fire Sub-Council is responsible for:
- administering the safety codes system throughout Alberta;
- administering an appeals system;
- making recommendations to the Minister regarding the adoption of codes and standards; and
- maintaining an information system that tracks safety codes system information used to identify trends and may be accessed by the Minister.
The Gas Sub-Council is responsible for:
- reviewing, formulating, and recommending safety codes, standards, and principles of barrier free design and access;
- establishing competency requirements for Safety Codes Officers;
- developing standards and compliance monitoring criteria for accredited organizations;
- assessing the effectiveness and quality of Safety Codes Officers training courses; and
- hearing and deciding appeals of orders and written notices.
Both of these Sub-Councils meet on average three to four times per year. Representatives are reimbursed for travel and accommodation expenses.
If you have expertise in the fire or gas field and are interested in participating on the Safety Codes Council’s Sub-Council on behalf of AUMA, please provide a brief profile with your experience and background by September 29, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.