AUMA is seeking nominations of qualified candidates to serve on its Board of Directors.
Positions up for Election in 2019
The following positions are scheduled for election in 2019:
- President for a two-year term
- Director, Cities up to 500,000 for a two-year term (two positions available)
- Director, Towns East for a two-year term
- Director, Villages South for a two-year term
- Director, Villages East for a one-year term*
- Director, Summer Villages for a two-year term
- Vice-President, Cities up to 500,000 for a one-year term
- Vice-President, Towns for a one-year term
- Vice-President, Villages and Summer Villages for a one-year term
*Due to a resignation, the Director, Villages East position is currently vacant. Because the term of office for this position doesn’t expire until 2020, a by-election will be held to fill the position for the remainder of the term (as outlined in section 8.11(a)(ii) of the Bylaws).
Elections will take place during the AUMA Annual Convention on Friday, September 27, 2019.
The election for President will take place during the Annual General Meeting followed by the election for Directors and Vice-Presidents.
The deadline for ALL nominations (President, Vice-President and Directors) for the 2019 AUMA Board elections is 11:59 p.m., Thursday, September 19, 2019. Chief Elected Officials and Chief Administrative Officers are requested to ensure that all council members are aware of the 2019 nomination deadline.
Information and Nomination Package
The Candidate Information and Nomination Package is available on the AUMA website and provides information relevant to an individual’s candidacy as well as the relevant nomination forms and submission instructions.
Carman McNary, Q.C.