As we approach Mental Illness Awareness Week in Canada, which runs from October 6-12, AUMA and our partner Sun Life are pleased to provide an exclusive members-only series of information sessions.
This add-on to your membership is a learning tool to prepare managers with resources to support their staff. These sessions are aimed at teaching managers how to effectively handle situations around mental health and supporting an employee in need while managing the rest of their team.
Pre-registration for the webinars is required.
Steps for registering:
- Complete the level 1 e-learning training modules.
- Register and attend the e-learning webinars which review and discuss the e-learning modules. There are two sets of topics to be discussed over two sessions:
- Mental health & absence management
- Promoting a healthy workplace
These sessions run for four consecutive weeks, from Wednesday, October 16, through Wednesday, November 13. All sessions are from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. and include a live Q&A to give you a chance to ask questions and fully discuss the materials.
Topics in the e-learning modules and webinars include:
- stress reduction strategies;
- definitions of mental health and other related terms;
- processes for creating solutions to address mental-health-related issues with employees;
- reasonable accommodations;
- exploring the professional, ethical, and legal responsibilities of a manager;
- discussions about how social stigma about mental health and disability “shows up” in your own behaviours
Register for these webinars for free if you are an AUMA member. Questions about the upcoming sessions? Email email@example.com.