Last week, AUMA sent a letter to the Prime Minister with 167 signatures from municipalities across Alberta to demonstrate our strong support for the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project. We want to keep that momentum going as the deadline set out by Kinder Morgan is fast approaching. We are asking you, our members, to join us in a social media campaign to show support. The goal is to continue to demonstrate to Albertans, the provincial government, the federal government and Kinder Morgan, municipal support for this project.
How to participate:
- Download or create your own sign that says “The Trans Mountain pipeline means”
- Complete the sign by filling in the blank about what the Trans Mountain pipeline would mean for your community (e.g. The Trans Mountain means employment for residents in our community).
- Have your elected officials pose for pictures with the sign (individually or as a group) and post the picture on social media using the recommended tags:
- Twitter accounts to tag in posts: @TransMtn @RachelNotley @JustinTrudeau @jjhorgan @TheAuma
- Hashtags: #ableg #TransMountain #BuildKM #abpoli #ableg #bcpoli #cdnpoli