AMSC’s Insurance & Risk Services team is finalizing the 2021 insurance renewal. There are changes to our Pollution Liability (previously called Environmental Impairment Liability or EIL) coverage that we want you to know about.
What is Pollution Liability insurance?
Pollution Liability insurance protects your organization against legal liability arising from contamination of your property or someone else’s. Common sources of operational contamination can include your handling or storage of hazardous goods, recycling, landfills, transfer stations, or wastewater facilities.
What you need to know
Our current provider of pollution liability insurance is exiting the market and will no longer offer this coverage. We are speaking with several insurers to see who might offer Pollution Liability coverage at a competitive price.
We ask that you submit your completed 2021 Pre-Renewal Questionnaire (PRQ), including the information requested in the Pollution Liability section by November 20, 2020. We need this information to secure Pollution Liability coverage for you. Without it, we will not be able to provide Pollution Liability insurance from January 1, 2021.
What action you can take
The PRQ information request was sent to our insurance members in September. Please complete the form provided by following these steps:
- Open the fillable PDF (you will need Adobe Reader)
- Enter and update your information on the PRQ along with supplemental information and schedules specified. Please also include a list of locations to be insured for Pollution Liability. Please contact us if you need a template for this.
- Save the files to your computer
- E-mail the completed documents to email@example.com by November 20, 2020
Questions or clarification
Should you have any questions or require assistance completing the forms, please do not hesitate to contact your AMSC Insurance Services Consultant or our AMSC Insurance Services general inquiries reception by calling 780.431.4549 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junaid Akram, Senior Director, General Insurance Services