Take the mystery out of budget season and make pieces fit by attending upcoming Elected Officials Education Program course on Municipal Corporate Planning and Finance. For more information and to register, please visit www.eoep.ca, or email the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why attend? Prepare for upcoming budget season, get a better understanding of financial statements, find out what questions you should ask regarding your municipality's financial health, understand how policy and municipal plans affect finances, and the list goes on…
- When: When October 16 from 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (in conjunction with the Association of Summer Villages of Alberta Conference)
- Where: RMA office, 2510 Sparrow Drive Nisku
Why attend? Join fellow elected officials for a 1.5 day course on the foundations of municipal governance. The course focuses on the essential skills and knowledge municipal elected officials need to lead and govern municipalities effectively. Over 1,200 municipal officials took the course following the 2017 elections to meet new MGA training requirements. The course has been updated based on their feedback and is being re-offered based on popular demand. It is a must-attend for those who have won a bi-election, and anyone who wants a governance refresher.
There are a few dates and locations to choose from:
- When: October 21 from 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and October 22 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: RMA office, 2510 Sparrow Drive, Nisku
- When: December 2 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. and December 3 from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Subway Room, Christenson Sports & Wellness Centre, 5332 50 Street, Rocky Mountain House.
We will also provide a session in Peace River during the first week of November and are close to confirming the exact date and location. Stay tuned!
Both courses have been designed specifically for us as municipal elected officials and have been refreshed based on feedback from past participants. Take advantage of these excellent professional development opportunities by visiting www.eoep.ca or emailing the Registrar at email@example.com.